• 1.  ABORT: (512) Ghostcast write error, ghostcode 19944

Posted Jun 27, 2014 01:03 PM

I have a small closed set up

Ghost 11.5

D-link 8 port switch

Windows XP, firewall off and no antivirus

Western Digital back-up for images, also images on c drive

Ghost CDs, many images, many disks Win-PE

I go on vacation and come back to find the error on immeditate start-up of the client with cd installed. This set up worked fine for 2 years.

ABORT: (512) Ghostcast write error, ghostcode 19944

I change cds, change computer models to image, change from restore to create, change WD back-up to images on c drive

Same message

I decide to update to Windows 7 with a whole new computer. Install ghost

Same message

if restore old images moved to new computer or try to create images of new computer, same message

Change switches and always same message

ABORT: (512) Ghostcast write error, ghostcode 19944.

Please Help!

• 2.  RE: ABORT: (512) Ghostcast write error, ghostcode 19944

Posted Jun 28, 2014 02:05 PM

Did anyone tinker with your setup (eg borrow the 8 port switch and reconfigure it?) while you were on holiday?

I'm guessing that you have not entered 19944 in the search engine at the top of this forum, but I would recommend doing that and then come back once you have tried some of the things discussed.

• 3.  RE: ABORT: (512) Ghostcast write error, ghostcode 19944

Posted Jun 30, 2014 11:56 AM

I did a search of the forums and google before I posted. I guess you didn't appreciate the detail I put into the post.

No one touched the simple closed network while I was gone. The switch is so simple that I couldn't find a way to change settings per the dlink website. I saw another post where this happened.

As I stated, no firewall or antivirus which is a recommended simple fix. I rebooted the computer and switch, I changed out the switch and reset up a new computer. I know it is a multcast problem but I still can't find the problem, I saw your reply, Ed, in another post. I appreciate any help.

This image is from Wireshark. This happens right before multcast/unicast, imputing the session name. Let me know if you need more details. 1.Destination port is 6666. 4.Destination port is 49153.

Multicast.jpg

In the preview it shows as fine but cuts off in the post for some reason.

• 4.  RE: ABORT: (512) Ghostcast write error, ghostcode 19944

Posted Jun 30, 2014 04:18 PM

Did you change out the network cables?  

Given the extent to which you have tried different things, I can't help feeling there is a hardware issue here somewhere, especially since you have reinstalled software and got the same error.

Have there been any changes to the mains supply to your computers?  Are they all on the same phase?

• 5.  RE: ABORT: (512) Ghostcast write error, ghostcode 19944

Posted Jul 07, 2014 12:25 PM

I did change out the cables and no change, same error code, ghostcode 19944.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH110765&locale=en_U

I was getting restless so I wanted to try to implement the 3Com Boot Services (and SolarWinds TFTP) with Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 using WinPE. But I got this error on both the new and old setup.

PXE E51 No DHCP or proxy DHCP offers were received

Is the above error related to the ghostcode 19944? Or should I be starting a new thread. I was just getting burnt out troublehooting the first error.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: ABORT: (512) Ghostcast write error, ghostcode 19944
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 11, 2014 01:16 PM

When troubleshooting the PXE-E51 No DHCP or Proxy offers were received issue on the first computer that is Windows XP, I went back and made sure the DHCP was up and running and configured properly. I use Dual DHCP DNS Server software because I am not using Windows Server. This got the CDs to work so the old system is back up and running with disks, thanks. I'll work on Windows 7 and PXE when time allows.