Access is denied to Remote Agent-restore SQL database to a different server
Finally, I am able to sign in and post a question. For some reason, when I signed in the last few days, the sign in seems to work (as no error message was displayed). However, I did not see the post message option.
In any case, I got an error: Access is denied to Remote Agent.
- Two servers (A and B), both have Backup Exec 9.1.
- Both servers has SQL Server 2000
- Backup Exec services in both servers use my Windows network logon account.
- My Windows network logon account has sys admin privilege on both servers.
- My Windows network logon account has database system admin privilege in both SQL servers.
- A SQL database was backuped in A, and I was trying to restore to B.
- Error: Access is denied to Remote Agent. The following are from the error log:
- Job operation - Restore
- Server - B
Access is denied to Remote Agent
- Job Completion Status
Job ended: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 at 10:35:28 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server.
Final error category: Security Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Restore - B Access is denied to Remote Agent
What shall I do in order to make the restore with redirection work? In Backup Exec's logon account, I added my Windows network account. For restore with redirection, I selected my Windows network account as the Server Login Account and SQL Logon Account.