Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

• 1.  Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Posted Apr 06, 2012 06:04 PM

From disc "Enterprise Solutions" Symantec Multi-Tier Protection Version 11.0.4 I installed the AntiVirus for Macintosh on a stand alone.

I tried evrything to erase it. I stil get pop-ups: Try re-install. Or run LiveUpdate. 

I want to erase evrything. How? Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

• 2.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Posted Apr 06, 2012 07:50 PM

Hello,

Please check out the below link,

Manual uninstallation documents for Symantec Endpoint Protection and  AntiVirus and Symantec Client Security,

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH96924&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1320238227014

you can use Cleanwipe removal tool to uninstall SEP.

Please call Tech support to get Cleanwipe tool

Regional Support Telephone Numbers:

United States: https://support.broadcom.com (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
    Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
    United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000
    Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

• 3.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Posted Apr 06, 2012 09:20 PM

Hi

Try the solution in the below link

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-uninstall-sep-client-ru6-apple-mac-os-x#comment-3914431

Thanks and Regards

Prakash Kamalakannan

• 4.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Posted Apr 07, 2012 01:05 AM

There is an Utility called Cleanwipe, please contact Technical Support and they will provide you that utility.

• 5.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 07, 2012 04:56 PM

Hello,

Below are the steps for uninstalling SEP from MAC

1. Extract the Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_11.0.6_Xplat_EN_DVD.zip file to a location on the computer
    2. Browse to Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_11.0.6_Xplat_EN_DVD\SEP_MAC folder
    3. To extract the Symantec Endpoint Protection Uninstaller, Double Click on SymantecUninstaller.English.tgz, this will extract the Uninstaller in a folder named SymantecUninstaller.English
    4. Inside this folder there would be 2 files(Symantec Uninstaller and SymantecUninstaller.pkg)
    5. Double click on SymantecUninstaller.pkg and Click on Continue on the Symantec Endpoint Protection Uninstaller Welcome screen
    6. On the Select Destination screen Select the HD and click Continue
    7. Click Install to begin the installation
    8. Enter the Name and Password when prompted
    9. This will installed Symantec Installer in the Applications folder in the HD(Symantec Installer can be used to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection from MAC OS)
    10. Double click on Symantec Uninstaller in Applications Folder in HD
    11. Select the Product that needed to be removed and Click on Uninstall
    12. Next screen will show all Symantec softwares instaleld, Click Uninstall
    13. Enter the Name and Password when prompted, after this Symantec Endpoint Protection Will be uninstalled
    14. Click Close and then Restart

OR 

Check these Articles:

How to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH132120

Removing Symantec programs for Macintosh by using the RemoveSymantecMacFiles removal utility

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103489

Hope that helps!!

• 6.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Posted Apr 07, 2012 06:30 PM

The download is asking for a password. I do not have a password.

So what to do?

• 7.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 09, 2012 10:15 AM

Hello,

What steps have you performed?

Are you downloading 

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/tools/mactools/SymantecRemovalTool.zip

It does not ask for a Password.

• 8.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Posted Apr 09, 2012 06:32 PM

To download and run RemoveSymantecMacFiles: 

1. Download RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip from the following address:
      ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/tools/mactools/RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip

2. Double-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file that you downloaded so that the file expands.
    3. Open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder.
    4. Double-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles command file.
    5. Type your Mac OS X administrator password, and then press return. When you type your password, no characters appear. 
      NOTE: RemoveSymantecMacFiles requires an Administrator account with a non-blank password.
    6. Do one of the following:
      • To remove all Symantec files and folders, type 1
      • To quit RemoveSymantecMacFiles without removing any files, type 2
    7. Press Return.
    8. The utility RemoveSymantecMacFiles removes all of the Symantec files
    9. On the Terminal menu, click Quit Terminal.

see 5. I do not have an administrator password because my pc is a stand alone.

• 9.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Posted Apr 10, 2012 04:16 PM

Problem solved. Thank you.

• 10.  RE: Accidently downloaded Symantec Multi-tier Protection 11.0.4 on a Mac stand alone pc

Posted May 08, 2012 10:52 AM

My employer distributes the version 12 of SEP in our intraweb in a zip package "Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac.zip". It does not include SEP_MAC folder nor there is an uninstaller present. Where can I get the uninstaller? Or should I just use the RemoveSymantecMacFiles removal utility before trying to uninstall?