Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168

Posted Feb 19, 2013 01:47 AM

I have a problem with the Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168. In the windows compliance by update they give me the result back that

the Flash player is not installed on every computer but If I check the computer the newest version is installed.

Have someone also this problem?

Many Thanks

• 2.  RE: Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168

Posted Feb 20, 2013 03:40 PM

I too have had this problem for months now but I have only recently brought it up to Symantec. The patch compliance reports for Adobe Flash Player bulletins are inaccurate for me.

I have over 3000 Windows XP systems to which I deploy patches but only 377 show up as needing the APSB13-05 bulletin. I have had to use a custom inventory to collect version data for installations of Adobe Flash Player instead of using the built-in reporting that is not working properly.

I have no problems with MS patch compliance reports or even with Shockwave or Acrobat. Only Flash Player is not reporting the correct number of applicable/installed/not installed.

Hopefully we can find and share a solution.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2013 12:09 PM

Hi Markus and Manny,

This is known issue and Patch Data team is informed about it. As soon as the latest Adobe Flash is installed, Adobe Flash updates are not detected as applicable and disappear from Compliance reports. In case if Adobe Flash is vulnerable on clients,  missing updates will be shown in compliance report again.

Thanks,
    Roman

• 4.  RE: Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168

Posted Mar 07, 2013 12:45 PM

Hi Roman,

Any updates on when we should expect a fix?

Thanks

Manny

• 5.  RE: Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168

Posted Jul 11, 2013 07:57 AM

I was told that the new release of 7.5 will fix this issue. We have had this issue for a long time. Now the waiting game of when this version will be released! :(