After BE media server rename cannot access it's own database
i've encountered a problem with my BE2012.
i've installed the BE2012 media server on a Win 2008. afterwards we've changed the name of the server therefor we needed to change the name of the database. i started the BEUtility and chose the option Update Configuration for new Backup Exec server name.
the problem is, it is now showing both databases, the old with the state unknown and the new which is up and running. as i've seen in this discussion https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/changing-computer-name-media-server it is normal to delete the old DB. the BE doesn't seem to show any problems until i select my media server for backup. it cannot browse the sql instance (as if it is trying to connect to the old database instead of new)
i will try today deleting the old db, hopefully that will enable the access to the new (although that shouldn't have anything to do with it).