Deployment Solution

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

After DS 6.9 Installation no logon on SQL 2008 R2 Express Database possible

• 1.  After DS 6.9 Installation no logon on SQL 2008 R2 Express Database possible

Posted Jul 23, 2015 04:43 AM

Hello,

in my Testing environment I have a ITMS 7.5 installed and I want to install DS6.9.

After the installation is finished, I cannot open Deployment Console, also I cannot connect with SQL Management Studio to my SQL Instance.

Either with my Windows user, nor the "sa" user.

It is a SQL 2008 R2 Express.

During the installation, it asks me which SQL Server Instance I want to take.

Then I can see the database "eXpress" is created.

In my second try, I made the "eXpress" database before I start the installation. 

At the installation I was asked if the installation process can overwrite all data in the existing database "eXpression".

It installed, but also cannot connect...

Do I something wrong?

The environment is VM. Good I did a snapshot before :)

Thanks for help and ideas,

David

• 2.  RE: After DS 6.9 Installation no logon on SQL 2008 R2 Express Database possible

Posted Jul 23, 2015 08:41 AM

Are you trying to connect locally or remotely? You might check the SQL configuration. The DS installation shouldn't have made changes to SQL configuration, but I've seen stranger things happen.

If not trying this from the server, log on to the server. Open the SQL Manager on the server and check what is being used for the servername and instance. Sometimes a SQL express instance won't take the servername for the connection, but will work with localhost as the servername. If that's the case, remote connections are probably not enabled. Use the SQL Server Configuration Manager to change it.

I believe Named Pipes is also required, so if that is disabled, you'll need to enable that.

DS is 32-bit. Make sure your ODBC connection is using 32-bit ODBC and not 64-bit ODBC.