Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

After PGP Universal upgrade 10.2.1 MP4 4961 tries/fails to re-enroll 10.7.5 Mac

Created: 26 Nov 2012 • Updated: 05 May 2013 | 2 comments

Not a retina MacBook Pro 13"

Worked fine for over a year with 10.6.8, 10.7.x and PGP WDE. When we upgraded universal server and pushed the upgrade policy, two machines - my mac and a pc - started trying to re-enroll the users. When this happens we removed upgrade from the Policy and are waiting for a fix. 

We have:

• decrypted & unistalled wde from my Mac.
  • unistalled it several times, using the tech note for command line uninstall, once with the tech watching me on webex
  • deleted my user, computer and disks from Universal server

On enrollment, I get the user back in, but it fails with a 'data corrupt' error. I think its a problem with the tables on Universal server.

This started Nov 2. I now have an unencrypted machine, which is not good. Stays locked up when I leave the office.

This was being followed up from 

Case 02843901

but since the next level support was due to call me at 8:30 and I have to be at a 9am meeting in 10 minutes, I thought I'd post to the online community and the PGP helpers here and see if anyone has had a similar experience.

My next step is to update my backup and wipe my machine, reinstall a blank O/S and try again. Really don't think its the client and there has been some funny business on the Universal server:

Group reports 3 members, but there are only 2. Remove them from the group, and my userid pops up in the group. Remove that user. Remove the group. Still can't enroll, but that 'hidden user' in group thing was really weird.

OK, off to my meeting. Any ideas?

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

isopepper's picture

Support never followed up.

I removed my users from PGP Universal. 

I backed up and formatted my machine.

I installed Mountain Lion on the machine.

I installed PGP WDE on my machine.

It's encrypted now. I'm slowly bringing over apps and data from my archive.

The external drive I have with my archive does not prompt to be mounted on boot or login. I have to unplug/replug it to get it to prompt me for my password (thunderbolt LaCie).

PGP_Ben's picture

Please understand, this forum has very limited support function here. If you have an urgent issue which needs immediate attention you should probably log a support case online via My Symantec at:

http://my.symantec.com

or call us on the phone via at 1 800 342 0652 or 520 477 3022

As far as the other problem regarding the external drive not mounting. This was an issue that has already been addressed with Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.0 and newer. See here from our 10.3.0 release notes found online here:

Mac OS X

• Resolved an issue where Symantec Encryption Desktop and Symantec Drive Encryption options could not be modified in the Encryption Desktop installer. [3041859]
  • Resolved an issue where Macintosh systems did not boot up while external drives protected by Apple FileVault were connected. [2731438

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.