Video Screencast Help

After Restore from Vault Outlook don't display Sender's Address

Created: 23 Jul 2013 • Updated: 29 Jul 2013 | 9 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

After Migrating Mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 we have

the problem that on a few mailboxes (40) some E-Mails don't display the sender address in the from Address Field after Restore from Vault.

Troubleshooting with MFCMAPI shows that the MAPI Property PR_SENT_REPRESENTING_Name were deleted after Restore from Vault.

Any solutions ideas areappreciated, Thanks in Advance!

Operating Systems:

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

EV_Ajay's picture


We found the issue occurres after installing following Hotfix :

  • Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 Hotfix for Build 1090
  • Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 Cumulative Hotfx 1
  • Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 Cumulative Hotfix 2

1. Hence the solution is to remove the Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 updates, follow the documentation provided in the corresponding hotfix.

Hotfix for Build 1090 -

Cumulative Hotfx 1 -

Cumulative Hotfix 2 -

2.  Note: This issue has been resolved in Enterprise Vault 10.0.4.

Article :



Krones-EV's picture

Thank you very much for your quick respond.

I think this is the solution.

We restore E-Mails on Exchange 2010 mailboxes with Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 Server.

I'm going to upgrade my Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 Server on sunday and then I'll know if the Symantec TN207039 is the solution.

GabeV's picture

I do not think that TN applies, since these mailboxes were migrated to 2010, not 2013. I was wondering why are you seeing this issue just in a few mailboxes/archives. Is there anything special for these mailboxes? What version of EV are you running now? Besides the mailboxes migration, is there any other updates/upgrades performed?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”–Winston Churchill

Krones-EV's picture

Thank you GabeV for your respond.

We running Enterprise Vault and hosted our mailboxes on Exchange 2010 SP2.

The issue appears just on forty mailboxes from round about 8.500 archived mailboxes but i think that only a few user use the restore operation in the last two month after their mailboxes migrated and running in this issue.

We plan to upgrade the enterprise vault servers to the recently released version 10.0.4 on sunday.

GabeV's picture

If you try to open one of those items from ArchiveExplorer or EV search, is this field missing as well? I would try to perform an EVSVR DumpSaveSet command to analyse one of those items:

DumpSaveset command using EVSVR

This command allows you to restore the item in MSG format. Then, you can compare this MSG file with the item restored in the mailbox and confirm if the sender address is missing as well. Of course, you need to identify the saveset ID from the EV shortcut.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”–Winston Churchill

GabeV's picture

This TN will help you to identity the SavesetID from Outlook:

a. Open Microsoft Outlook and select the archived item.
b. Press CTRL and SHIFT keys and one of the Enterprise Vault (EV) toolbar buttons which should bring up the EV Diagnostic window.
c. Click on Vault Information and scroll down to the Saveset ID and a code like n...n~n...n~n~...

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”–Winston Churchill

JesusWept3's picture

nono, what Ajay is saying is that you apply these hotfixes for the 2013 issue, it introduces this issue

Emails with attachments restored to an Exchange 2010 server do not have the FROM field populated

Either uninstall the cumulative hotfixes or upgrade to 10 SP4

GabeV's picture

I understand what you are saying. For Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 that would the fix. That's why I asked for the Enterprise Vault version and any updates and/or upgrades. Thanks for point that out JesusWept3.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”–Winston Churchill

EV_Ajay's picture

Thanks for marking as solution.