Video Screencast Help

After upgrade to Be2012 many jobs are in a Job hold state

Created: 23 Aug 2012 • Updated: 07 Oct 2012 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello,

yesterday i upgraded my BE2010 to 2012 Sp1a. In my old Backup Exec version all backup jobs was created with policies and migrated in the new version. What i have see is, all duplicated jobs are in the state "job on hold".

Give it a option in be2012 t to list every backup jobs who have set the job on hold state ?.

Thank you!

Florian

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

Start up BEMCLI and issue this command

Get-BEJob -status onhold

This command will give you all the jobs that are on hold.

If you want to resume all of them, issue this command

Get-BEJob -status onhold | Resume-BEJob

SOLUTION
Sush...'s picture

Hello Florian,

In Backup Exec 2012 console, there is an option of Hold Job queue on top right side (button in yellow color). Is that selected ?

If it is selected then you may uncheck that and then the jobs should nomore be on Hold.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

Praveen_Shetty's picture
"Independent ad-hoc full backup jobs are converted into backup definitions with the full backup method. A new backup definition is created that includes stages for full, and incremental or differential backups. The new policy contains a full type and an incremental type. The Full backup job is set to "Run Now" and "On Hold" so the new Full backup jobs won’t start immediately after the upgrade process."
This include independent duplicate jobs also.
Please refer to the link below for more information :-
Thanks

Lykantroph's picture

Hello again

Thank you for yours response. i use the cli command in de bmecli what pkh wrote and get a list from the job onhold. But in Be2010 you have displayed only the backupjobs onhold.

Thank you

Florian