Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  After upgrade to SMG 9.5.1-6 SPIM definitions are not updating

Posted Jun 24, 2011 05:41 AM

Hi all,

After upgrading from SBG 9.0.3 to SMG 9.5.1-6 the SPIM Definitions are not updating. SPAM and Antivirus are being updated as normal. I've already tried enforcing a liveupdate, stopping and starting services and even rebooting the appliance, without success.

Has anything changed in the SPIM updating mechanism?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Jim

• 2.  RE: After upgrade to SMG 9.5.1-6 SPIM definitions are not updating

Posted Jun 27, 2011 10:06 AM

We have same exect issue. After upgrading our SMG to 9.5.1-6, our SPIM definititions are not being updated. (55 days as of today)

• 3.  RE: After upgrade to SMG 9.5.1-6 SPIM definitions are not updating
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2011 12:24 AM
    Please see our document about this: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH162818 We will no longer update those definitions in version 9.5.1.

• 4.  RE: After upgrade to SMG 9.5.1-6 SPIM definitions are not updating

Posted Jun 29, 2011 03:39 AM

Thank you, I must have missed this in the release notes. Just a suggestion that when something like this is fased out it might have been better to completely remove the status from the dashboard, so people are not confronted with a warning that is not relevant.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jim

• 5.  RE: After upgrade to SMG 9.5.1-6 SPIM definitions are not updating

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 30, 2011 11:16 AM

I have been informed that I was incorrect. We have not fully discontinued the updating of these definitions in version 9.5.1, this will happen in a later version.

If you are using IM filtering and they are still not updating then I would suggest calling in so we can anaylse your logs.