Messaging Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

After upgrade to Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) 10.5.3-4, recipient validation fails for addresses that contain a '-' (minus) when subaddressing is enabled

• 1.  After upgrade to Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) 10.5.3-4, recipient validation fails for addresses that contain a '-' (minus) when subaddressing is enabled

Posted Nov 17, 2014 09:55 AM

Hi,

We are preparing to deploy SMG in our organisation. We installed two virtual SMG scanners and one control centre. The configuration was straight forward, and it didn't take long to get everything including recipient verification working using directory integration and subaddressing.

Once everything is was working, we upgraded to 10.5.3-4. After testing everything, we noticed that subaddressing (we use the '-' character) was broken. After investing a full day to double check everything, we found that subaddressing using '+' worked. It didn't take long to find this article which said that this had been a problem which was now solved.

Articlehttp://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163815

Despite what this aritcle sais, it appears as though this issue is back. We don't want to use '+' for subaddressing because the input validation of too many websites prevents you from using addresses containing a '+'.

Question: Does anyone else running 10.5.3-4 have this issue? If so, is there a workaround? 

Best wishes,

Andrew

• 2.  RE: After upgrade to Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) 10.5.3-4, recipient validation fails for addresses that contain a '-' (minus) when subaddressing is enabled

Posted May 01, 2015 07:33 AM
    Hi,

I want to update form SMG 10.5.1-2 to SMG 10.5.3-4.

Please let us know whether it is necessary to go for Messaging Gateway Update, as the below two versions are available. And does it require any downtime of Messaging Gateway. 
    10.5.3-4                Available for download
    10.5.2-3                Available for download
    If need to update please suggest me on this.

Thank you

Bhaskar.B

• 3.  RE: After upgrade to Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) 10.5.3-4, recipient validation fails for addresses that contain a '-' (minus) when subaddressing is enabled

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2015 12:33 PM

If you click the 'Check for updates' button, the 10.5.4 version will show up. You should update to the latest version that just came out this week to have the most bug and vulnerability fixes.

Here are the release notes with instructions for updating: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH228576.html

• 4.  RE: After upgrade to Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) 10.5.3-4, recipient validation fails for addresses that contain a '-' (minus) when subaddressing is enabled

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2015 12:39 PM
    Can you provide a screen shot of this?

• 5.  RE: After upgrade to Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) 10.5.3-4, recipient validation fails for addresses that contain a '-' (minus) when subaddressing is enabled

Posted May 02, 2015 03:37 AM

Thank you JDavis...:)

I will share you screen shot,.....but which page you want screen shot....?

If you have procedure documentation pls share to me.....i will go thru document...

Tq

Bhaskar B