Video Screencast Help

After upgrading from 7.1 to 7.5.0.6 SLP policy is not showing

Created: 10 Dec 2013 • Updated: 21 Jan 2014 | 12 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

After upgrading from 7.1 to 7.5.0.6 slp policy is not showing in admin gui

Operating Systems:
Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 12 CommentsJump to latest comment

Riaan.Badenhorst's picture

Can you list the SLPs using nbstl -L from CLI?

Regards,

Riaan Badenhorst

You need an OpenVision to see the truth about Backups. Restores are a plus. But that's just Semantics ;)

ITs easy :)

techiee007's picture

i checked using nbstl -L , none of the slp is showing in nbstl output

Mark_Solutions's picture

I have seen this before - it is a bug somewhere - bear with me and i will see if i can dig out how you get them back - dont do anything else yet

Authorised Symantec Consultant

Don't forget to "Mark as Solution" if someones advice has solved your issue - and please bring back the Thumbs Up!!.

Mark_Solutions's picture

How long has it been since you upgraded? - Has the upgrade process actually finished yet?

What is the output of: nbemmcmd -listsettings -brief -machinename <masterservername>

Just wondering if it has not actually finished the upgrade internal processes

Don't forget to "Mark as Solution" if someones advice has solved your issue - and please bring back the Thumbs Up!!.

techiee007's picture

Upgrade has been done recently

I have checked the output of nbemmcmd -listsettings -brief -machinename <masterservername

I checked two parameters slp_dssu_migration_state which is showing 1 and List_fs_images_headers 0

Which satifies the requirement for phase 1 and phase 2 image migration

Also image cleanup job is completed sucessfully

\

techiee007's picture

One more thing which i have not mentioned is master server is in cluster configuration with vcs

Mark_Solutions's picture

AH! That is where i saw the issue - exactly the same environment - rasie a case then as i am unsure how they got it resolved - if they did

mph999's picture

I've seen it before as well ...
As a matter of interest is there anything in :

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/ss <<<< any files in here ?

We could grab complete output of /usr/openv/db/bin/nbdb_unload (output goes in ) and I could have a look to see if there is anything in the DB.

As for actually fixing it it may not be possible in this state, it might be possible to find out why, but it depends on the state of the DB if it can be fixed - it would probably, almost certainly need to go to engineering which would need a case raised and escaled to backline first.

Would need:

upgrade logs
nbsu -c -t
ls -al /usr/openv/netbackup/db/ss
nbdb_unload as explained above

It might, I hate to say it, treat it as a one-off and just recreate the SLPs - I know this isn't acceptable, but the time to investigate would be >1 day most likely, and still might not get them back. As the SLPs would then be in the NBDB, the issue won't happen again.

You could get the details I mention before recreating anything - at least we might be able to see what happened.

Other option is t reinstall to previous version, recover catalog and try again - but without knowing the cause, it would probably happen again unfortunately.

One other option is to let me check the etracks - fairly sure the previous case I saw went to engineering. However, I have to go out and so could only do this later.

Martin

Regards,  Martin

Setting Logs in NetBackup:
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75805

mph999's picture
Bearing in mind we ehaven't yet seen the logs (need to include bpdbm log, I forgot that this is where the SLP migration is logged):

This could be related (etrack ref in TN)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202886

If the ss dir still contains the SLP definitions, it may be possible to re-run that part of the upgrade.

Regards,  Martin

Setting Logs in NetBackup:
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75805

techiee007's picture

We have manually created the slps to make sure the backup should be run.

We run the command bpdbm -upgrade_slps it executed sucessfully.

Now how come we make sure the old duplicated images info has been moved to nbdb or not.