Video Screencast Help

After upgrading to SEP 12.1 RU4 64-bit, Outlook 2007 stops receiving POP3 emails

Created: 22 Feb 2014 • Updated: 22 Feb 2014 | 3 comments

I have Windows 7 Home (64-bit), Outlook 2007 SP3, and SEP (unmanaged) installed.

I recently upgraded SEP from 12.1 RU3 to 12.1 RU4.  As soon the update finished, Outlook stopped receiving emails via POP3 (and eventually generates an 0x8004210A error).  Tried reboots, re-installing Outlook and SEP.  

The problem appears to be triggered by SEP's Internet Email Auto-Protect function:  when I turn this function off, Outlook sends/receives successfully; turn the function back on and Outlook stops receiving (but can send).  I have confirmed the inbound/outbound port between Outlook and SEP.

Any suggestions?

JP

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

There is no way to set an exception, I would recommend leaving it off. Since you're on the latest version, you need to call support.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Rafeeq's picture

Was it working with RU3? if yes, then need to check with support

Checked the pop3 port? It changes sometimes after upgrade...

.Brian's picture

Looks to be a known issue, see similar thread here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sep...

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.