Video Screencast Help


Created: 23 Mar 2013 | 2 comments
mdmasih_P1's picture


I am confussed with purchasing the agent.

I have windows 2008 Ent SP2 (VM on Hyper-V server). 

Which agent should be purchased? (Agent for Hyper-V  or agent for windows)

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

If you want to back up the VM's as if they are physical machines, then you buy 1 RAWS for each VM.  However, if you want to backup the VM's as VM's, then you buy 1 Hyper-V licence for each VM host.  With the Hyper-V licence, you are entitled to load RAWS on any number of VM hosted on the licenced host.

Donald Eady's picture

Note that you may have to also purchase an additional license if you wanted to backup up applications or DB's on that/those virtual boxe/s. IE Exchange, Sharepoint, SQL, domino, EV.. view the 2012 Licensing Guide below


I hope this posting was helpful