Server Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Agent update is not running. Error 1603

Posted Aug 05, 2011 10:41 AM

Hello,

I have a new installed Server management suite 7.1 I also use the patch management solution 7.1.1. Now I want to change the clients from the old to the new system. Therefore I build a script that changes the target server on the agent. After the target server was changed the agent connects to the new 7.1 Server. That part is running well.

On the server I configured under action / Agents/Plug-ins all agents for windows to install and upgrade. On the agent side I see now a “Windows x86 Software Update Plug-In Package” the download works fine, but the run always failed with exit code 1603.

I have no idea why the update is not running? Any idias

Thx BR Torsten

• 2.  RE: Agent update is not running. Error 1603

Posted Aug 05, 2011 03:27 PM

Try running the .msi manually from C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\SoftwareManagement\Software Delivery and then selecting the proper GUID folder and finding the .msi within the cache folder.

If you do this, do you receive a more informative error message?

In any case, 1603 could suggest a problem with Windows Installer. Is any more information found in the Application log on the client?  Have you tried to run a repair of the Windows Installer?

Has this failed on all clients, or only certain clients?

• 3.  RE: Agent update is not running. Error 1603

Posted Aug 08, 2011 06:12 AM

Thanks for support Mike, by analyzing the problem the way you described I was able to find the problem.