AIR between Production (Physical) and DR (Virtual) infrastrcutres
1. I am lookingn at an existing Poduction enviroment with mutiple Exchange physical servers currently are performing D2D2T using Symantec 184.108.40.206, all the Exchange servers are SAN clients accessing directly Disk/Tape drive. I do not yet know if deduplication is implemented and working at this site.
2. A DR enivorment is being bulid, but this time with 7 nos. Virtual ESX hosts, using Symantec 7.5. there will be a Proxy host in the environment
3. Between Production (Physical servers) and DR (Virtual hosts) replication of the backup images using Symantec AIR is desired.
It clear that Production will be upgraded to 7.5, so both sides are same version of NBU.
1. Currently there is no dedicated Backup Media server at the Production site (All Exchange servers are SAN Clients themselves), does that mean De-duplication is imlemented cannot be workable at this production site curretnly.
2. Does a dedicated Media server has to be introduced at the Production site for AIR to work between the two sites?
3. Is one site being Physical server and other virtual hosts any issue for the workability of this solution?
4. Are there any caveat / gotchas / show-stoppers etc. that need to be watched out for?
5. Please feel free to suggest any-relevant information, including any licenseing requirements.
thanks in advance