Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  allow VPN IP on sep 12.1

Posted Nov 06, 2012 08:18 PM

I'm currently in a situation where i have had to enable some users to turn off the firewall settings in SEP 12.1 since they are unable to VPN into our client servers when the firewall is turned on. The odd part is, they use to same cisco VPN client to connect to our corporate network and it has no issues with SEP 12.1 firewall.

Looking into the firewall templates, im not able to find where i can plug some of the IP's our client gave our users. I need to allow both inbound and outbound vpn traffic. if anyone can assist, please post up. thank you and much appreciated for any assistance.

• 2.  RE: allow VPN IP on sep 12.1

Posted Nov 06, 2012 08:32 PM

Is there anything showing in the traffic log on the client about what's being blocked?

• 3.  RE: allow VPN IP on sep 12.1

Posted Nov 06, 2012 11:47 PM

Could you give us the following details, like SEP exact version?

VPN that your using? the detals of it and the version if it has one.

• 4.  RE: allow VPN IP on sep 12.1

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 07, 2012 04:53 AM

Hello,

What features are you installing? Are you running the latest VPN client? Try installing SEP first then install your VPN client.

Also, try creating a Rule in Firewall policy-Rule section, 
    add new allow rule and in the network service section select Cisco VPN..

Hope that helps!!

• 5.  RE: allow VPN IP on sep 12.1

Posted Nov 07, 2012 01:44 PM
      |   view attached

Brian81, im asking our helpdesk staff to give me some screen shots of the traffic log when attempting to connect to the client.

Homer; were running the latest version of SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1 . As for the vpn client, were using the cisco vpn client version 5.0.07.0290 . it's one of those clients that you can just import a .pcf file.

Mithun, on the client side, we have all the features set. the firewall policy is pretty simple and nothing fancy. attached is the picture.