Altiris Admin Employment Opportunity
Fellow Admins -
My office is looking for for a full-time, temporary (3-4 mo.) admin. Please send a private message to me if you are interested and available. The opportunity is located in Carmel, IN at our Corporate Headquarters.
- Create and maintain deployment jobs
- Generate reports
- Automate report generation as-needed
- Research and implement new automation processes
- Analyze reports from application package deployments for action items to be routed to Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3
- Monitor deployments as they proceed to detect failures as they occur
- Test created application packages for POCs and deployments to uncover issues that could increase the error rate when actual deployments occur
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in IT or 5+ years of professional IT experience.
- Experience working with Altiris/Symantec Management Platform, specifically 3+ years of experience working with DS 6.5 or above, NS 6.0, and at least 6 months of experience working with SMP 7.0 or above.
- Expert knowledge of Imaging with DS and ImageX
- Expert knowledge of User State Migration Tool (USMT)
- Expert knowledge of Windows 7
- Expert knowledge of Visual Basic Scripting (nice to have)
- Understanding of Application Packaging
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, Windows 2008 R2
- Understanding of Group Policy Objects