HP,Altiris Group

• 1.  Altiris and HP DC5850

Posted Jun 08, 2009 08:06 AM
    I am trying to create an image of a new rollout machine. Once the workstation reboots according to Altiris command the workstaion goes blank no video , no response from keyboard , no power to the USB slots,, nothing..

Any ideas, I also updated the Bios, and still nothing 

The version os Altiris I am using is server version 6.8  

thank you

• 2.  RE: Altiris and HP DC5850

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 08, 2009 11:31 AM
    Hi,

From what you say, it seems you are having a problem with your imaging environment. loading?  Do you know if you are booting DOS, Linux or WinPE? I suspect Linux...

DS6.8 is fairly old now, and I would certainly suggest an upgrade to 6.9SP2. This has much better automation hardware support in Linux and WinPE.

Kind Regards,
    Ian./

• 3.  RE: Altiris and HP DC5850

Posted Jun 08, 2009 03:18 PM

I believe this is a known problem for that model. Unfortunately I don't know the resolution besides switching to WinPE or Linux. You will probably need to add some MSD support if you switch to to either of those.  I'd talk to Symantec support for more information.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/hp-dc5850-problem

• 4.  RE: Altiris and HP DC5850

Posted Jun 10, 2009 09:55 AM
    Hi do you us a Cisco Network?
    Be cause we are having the same problem but only on your cisco Network. and there is no problem on the foundry network side!

• 5.  RE: Altiris and HP DC5850

Posted Jun 16, 2009 12:10 PM
    I have tried both windows pe and dos  I tried making a boot disk but it does not find my etwork driver.. 

any other suggestions ?

all help and testing is welcomed