Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Altiris Recovery Solution 7.1.3919 installation error

Created: 21 Sep 2013 | 6 comments
durga.gadde@locuz.com's picture
ERROR while trying to install:There were errors during installation. The following product(s) failed during install (unless otherwise noted, components of these products that were installed before the error were rolled back):
Altiris Recovery Solution (7.1.3919)

In addition, the following install(s) were not run because of dependencies upon products that failed to install:
Altiris Recovery Solution Documentation (7.0.1023)
Altiris Recovery Solution Language Support (7.1.3919)

Error found at Alitiris Log Viewer:

Install failure while installing (Package: Recovery Solution x64) 7.1.3919 {a326661f-4e9c-4945-be6f-c7d99d633da9} http://www.solutionsam.com/solutions/7_1/recoverys... (in product Altiris Recovery Solution). Windows Installer API return code: 1603
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 9/21/2013 1:31:07 AM, Tick Count: 7494584, Host Name: ALTNS, Size: 546 B
Process: SymantecInstallationManager (6808), Thread ID: 46, Module: SymantecInstallationManager.exe
Priority: 1, Source: Symantec.Installation.PerformInstall.InstallComponent
File: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SMP\Logs\a.log

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

andykn101's picture

Try and find the msi package and run it from a command line. Use SKIPAIM=1 and /l*v "%temp%\rs.log"

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

When I try to install it manually on Altiris Notification server 7.5 from the location %root drive%Symantec Installaiton Manager\Installs\Altiris Recovery Solution 7.1 x64.msi giving an catability error that having an higher version of NS

Please Help me to install..

Regards,

Durga Prasad G

Consultant - IT Automation

andykn101's picture

I wouldn't expect Recovery Solution 7.1 to work on Notification Server 7.5, especially as 7.5 is a Beta.

If you use a tool like Orca to open the Recovery Solution msi file you might be able to find a Public Property that will override the version check or create a Transform to disable or delete the version check. But it probably won't work.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Thanks, Using Orca I installed Recovery Solution 7.1.3919 but in console I'm not able to find it.

Regards,

Durga Prasad G

Consultant - IT Automation

andykn101's picture

It probably won't show in the 7.5 console, that console doesn't support Recovery Solution.

SK's picture

Andy is correct. You cannot install 7.1 products on a 7.5 install, and if you do manage to do so, you will most likely place your system in an unsupported state.

Connect Etiquette: "Mark as Solution" those posts which resolve your problem, and give a thumbs up to useful comments, articles and downloads.