Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Answering NO to Ghost question 1873 Deploying MBR/BIOS Images In GPT/UEFI Mode

Posted Jun 14, 2016 11:45 AM

Basically everything that was asked in this question http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/ghost64exe-question-1873-deploying-mbrbios-images-gptuefi-mode I now face with Ghost 3.x with regards to question 1873 and GPT/UEFI.

We do not want to use -Sure, as that will default to Yes. Is there a way to answer the question with a NO using command line options on Ghostcast server? I did not see any 

These images come from a customer, and are not to be edited. We are having a hard time getting staff to hit NO vs. YES.

• 2.  RE: Answering NO to Ghost question 1873 Deploying MBR/BIOS Images In GPT/UEFI Mode

Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:22 AM

curious if anyone came up with a solution?  We are imaging win7/MBR/BIOS and after the ghost image was deployed the machine would not boot.  I thought that I captured the image incorrectly since we frequently change between win10/UEFI/GPT and the legacy bios win7 setup.  However this time I was sure I captured the win7 image in MBR.  After the image was imported and pushed to the machine I did a diskpart, list disk and saw the GPT * selected on the partition.  I manually cleaned, convert MBR, and launched ghost64 manually and picked the win7 mbr image.  This time I was prompted with a pop-up that says image is MBR but UEFI detected, do you want to convert to GPT?  I had to manually select NO.  So now I realize that I probably did capture the image correctly, but ghost is automatically converting to GPT!  We are running CMS 8.0 HF3 and ghost is version 12.0.0.7265.  Does anyone have the switches to enter into deployment solution to keep the win7 images MBR? thanks,

• 3.  RE: Answering NO to Ghost question 1873 Deploying MBR/BIOS Images In GPT/UEFI Mode

Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:55 AM

I finally got this to work if anyone is interested.  Add this command line switch option in the deploy image task in the sequence.

-fmbr

Forces the disk to restore to a MBR-based disk.

From <https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO99984.html>

It surpressed the pop-up and kept the image in MBR format - woot!  win7 can live another life