Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

AP Portal List 12.1 RU2?

Created: 14 Sep 2012 • Updated: 14 Sep 2012 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

We have some clients that need "testing" to be done on their definitions for 24 hours before we are allowed to roll them out.  This morning while selecting yesterday's definitions to roll out I noticed a new content type within Virus and Spyware definitions.  AP Portal List 12.1 RU2.  This is on the 12.1 RU1 MP1 management server(s).  We are testing 12.1 RU2 beta so I checked on that management server and the AP Portal List 12.1 RU2 is in there also. 

Just wondering if anybody knows what this is for?  Thanks.

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Brɨan's picture

Got a screenshot of this?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

greg12's picture

Perhaps it has something to do with Download Insight, which is an integral part of Auto-Protect. Download Insight only works with "portal applications" such as IE or Firefox.

See here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO55252

Brɨan's picture

That was my thought as well.

Hopefully a Symantec employee can weigh in.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Paul Murgatroyd's picture

Yes, its Download Insight.  We have a list of "portals" which are applications that are monitored for downloads.  When a download is detected through one of these defined applications, we trigger an Insight lookup on the file it downloaded.

Up until now, we have only been able to update these lists with a product update. With SEP 12.1 RU2, these will become LiveUpdateable, hence the new content stream.

Paul Murgatroyd
Principal Product Manager, Symantec Endpoint Protection
Endpoint twitter feed: http://twitter.com/symc_endpoint

aaron0403's picture

Awesome!  Thanks for the responce Paul.