Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Application Error 19912 using ghost 8.3 Ghostcast PXE

Posted Nov 15, 2006 03:53 PM
    Hi, I have been all through many forums trying to find this error. Here is my situation:

Using WindowsXP sp2 as Server and Client (Firewall turned off)
    - Broadcom NetXtreme 827 NIC in both computers
    Symantec GSS 1.1 (Deploy Center 5.6.1, ImageCenter, and Console)
    - Symantec PXE Server (we do not have the CD for 3Com PXE Server)
    - Symantec TFTP Services
    - Unicast Server
    - Console
    - Stand Alone Deployment tools

I have made menu driven Multiple NIC boot CD's that works through the network with Ghostcast server just fine.

the Console works also with the Clients to image and backup PC's

I have created a UNDI Virtual Floppy for PXE with Boot Disk Builder that loads and used the PXE Configuration Utility to link it to the Floppy image. It loads Dr.Dos and binds with no errors.

I have created a Virtual Floppy with Broadcom 827 (B57.dos) drivers that will load perfectly in PXE boot and map drives back to the server with no errors.

What I want to do is to use the UNDI Virtual Floppy to PXE boot and run the ghost.exe (changed floppy format to 2.88 so the exe fits), which it does, however when I go into Ghostcast->Unicast it gives an Application Error 19912: unable to start TCP/IP Driver problem detected.

This happens even with the Broadcom 827 that maps the drives, so I know it is getting an IP address and network ability, but I still get the Application Error.

If I boot to the CD I created and it loads ghost.exe, it connects to the GhostCast server fine, but the same operation with the Virtual Floppy gets the Application Error.

Hopefully someone can help getting the UNDI driver to work...I am running out of answers myself.Message was edited by:
    Brian Walter

• 2.  RE: Application Error 19912 using ghost 8.3 Ghostcast PXE

Posted Nov 16, 2006 02:15 PM
    Ok folks, I fixed my own problem. For some reason the UNDI driver that Boot Disk Builder in DeployCenter uses is not compatable with the Broadcom NIC, so I created a boot image with the Ghost Boot Wizard from the Stand Alone Tools and picked the TCP/IP Network Boot Image...

I then took that image and used the driver it loads and put it into the .vfd that was created with Boot Disk Builder and removed the driver it had. Seems to work great now :)

let me know if this did not make sense and I will try to clarify.

• 3.  RE: Application Error 19912 using ghost 8.3 Ghostcast PXE

Posted Nov 21, 2006 09:04 AM
    When did 8.3 become available? I am on maintainance agreement and never saw a notice?

• 4.  RE: Application Error 19912 using ghost 8.3 Ghostcast PXE

Posted Mar 19, 2007 01:57 PM
    Ghost8.3 was with the last release of GSS 1.1, however GSS 2.0 release uses Ghost 11 so it is a moot point now :)