Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Application unable to start correctly # 0xc0000022

Created: 17 Feb 2012 • Updated: 21 Feb 2012 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Any user that logs on that isn't the admin runs into this error. We are using Symantec Endpoint Protectionand the error says, CcApp.exe failed to initialize properly press OK to terminate. I had looked on Symantec's forums for a solution but it seems that the only article pertains to windows xp and these machines are windows 7. Not sure if the problem is the same, needing reading rights but i don't know what files need them or how to assign them properly. Any help would be great. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

sandra.g's picture

You didn't mention which version of SEP was in use but I was able to find some information regarding Windows 7, that the following DLLs need to have builtin\users added and given read permission:

C:\Windows\Syswow64\msvcp71.dll
C:\Windows\Syswow64\msvcr71.dll

sandra

Symantec, Senior Information Developer
Enterprise Security, Mobility, and Management - Endpoint Protection

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'solved' with the answer that best helps you!

SOLUTION
Ryno151's picture

Thanks you for the reply, i gave both those files read rights for the users and the error has stopped coming up. Everything seems to be working just fine now.

Ryan

sandra.g's picture

Glad it helped. smiley

sandra

Symantec, Senior Information Developer
Enterprise Security, Mobility, and Management - Endpoint Protection

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'solved' with the answer that best helps you!