Client Management Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

• 1.  Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Jul 19, 2010 04:07 AM
    Hi All, if you check the article on the KB it shows that this is applicable to any Software Management Framework  less than SP4.  However I am running Service Pack 4 with the latest Hotfix and I am still having this problem  I have attached a screenshot with the agent details, as well as the task which is waiting for a reboot, after it has completed sucessfully.Article 50147

Does someone have a workaround for this problem?

• 2.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Jul 20, 2010 05:17 PM

Which task is failing, and what are all the task sequencies in the managed delivery?  Where does the reboot occur in this string of tasks?

• 3.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Jul 21, 2010 08:40 AM

None of the tasks are failing, what happens is after the package runs the microsoft "Fixit"task it requires a reboot.  This it does 100%, the machine is restarted no problem, however then next task does not kick off after the reboot "Stop AV Services".  According to the KB this is a known issue prior to SP4, and I'm running SP4 HF1 so I'm not sure why this is still happening.

• 4.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Jul 23, 2010 12:56 PM

Add a specific Restart Computer task just prior to the Stop Antivirus Services (SEP11) task.  Does this resolve the issue?

• 5.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Jul 26, 2010 03:44 AM

I've tried that, that does not work. when either using the restart task, or using a script to restart the workstation.

• 6.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Jul 29, 2010 05:44 PM
    What are your "runRestriction" and "executionContext" settings?  I believe you may have better success if you set that to "None."

• 7.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Jul 30, 2010 07:53 AM

I'll check it out and let you know. tks

• 8.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Aug 04, 2010 03:25 AM

All the tasks are set to use the "Altiris Agent credentials" when running.

Could this not be related to the issue where the agent loses the status of a policy when either the agent, or the computer restarts?

• 9.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Aug 04, 2010 09:52 AM
    Yes, that is exactly what appears to be the issue.  I looked up the bug ticket in our database and they said, after fixing the issue, that it was no longer reproducible when the "Run Restriction" is set to none.  Apparently if it is set to "Logged on User" then that is a different story because it is all dependent on whether or not that same user logs back into the machine after the restart...

• 10.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Aug 04, 2010 10:43 AM
    I've seen the KB article and it appears it should be fixed in CMS 7.1  do you know when that is being released?  I know the beta is out already

• 11.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Aug 04, 2010 11:09 AM
    Beta is not out yet - beta release is September 2010.

7.1 is to be released December 2010.

• 12.  RE: Article ID: 50147 - KNOWN ISSUE: Subsequent Tasks or Software Resources in a Managed Delivery Job do not run if a reboot occurs

Posted Aug 04, 2010 11:23 AM