Desktop Email Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  The attachments are not decrypted "on the fly" in MS OUTLOOK 2013!?

Posted Jun 30, 2015 05:17 AM

Hello Experts!  The attachments are not decrypted "on the fly" in MS OUTLOOK 2013!? In conjunction with MS Outlook 2010, everything was fine. The version of Symantec Encryption Desktop -10.3.2 MP9 (Build 16620). Please tell me - is this problem are known and are there solutions?

• 2.  RE: The attachments are not decrypted "on the fly" in MS OUTLOOK 2013!?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 10:56 AM

Hi Paul,

Can you let me know if we are able to decrypt the email on pgp viewer ?

If we are then share the error on pgp log when the email is not decrypting.?

Also are we using MAPI, IMAP or POP3 account ?

Make sure, pgp is running first, then launch outlook and see if the issue is same.

If it is then lastly, check if following article helps

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154639

Regards,

Sarfaraz Rahman

• 3.  RE: The attachments are not decrypted "on the fly" in MS OUTLOOK 2013!?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 12:36 PM

Hi Sarfaraz,

thank you for your response.

I Answer your questions:

1 - PGP Viewer normally decrypts the e-mail.

2 - The popup window shows: "Incoming Email. Result - Not secured by sender"

Although when sending the message was "encrypted Email".

3 - MAPI (MS Exchange client).

I think one of the latest MS updates broke the functionality of the decryption built into MS Outlook 2013.

• 4.  RE: The attachments are not decrypted "on the fly" in MS OUTLOOK 2013!?

Posted Jul 09, 2015 05:28 AM
    Hello, experts! We have found the reason that suddenly stopped working e-mail decryption. Enable the group policy setting for Outlook 2013 "Prevent users from adding new content to existing PST files" leads to the failure of decryption. The location parameter is the following: Administrative Templates/Microsoft Outlook 2013/Miscellaneous/PST Settings/ Is there such an option in the Symantec-PGP system configuration that was not used mechanism PST-files?

• 5.  RE: The attachments are not decrypted "on the fly" in MS OUTLOOK 2013!?

Posted Aug 04, 2015 05:54 PM

We are in the same boat with Paul SI above.   Have not changed our 10.3.2 Server for a year and our clients are mostly Windows 7 Outlook 2010 /64 and we have a couple users now experiencing this problem.   I have laptops on my desk where some work and some don't.     I know my parent company, Comcast is constantly pushing new policies down the pipe and I suspect that is the cause of the problem.  Help