HP,Altiris Group

• 1.  Attempting to create image from HP 2730p fails at "To Virtual Partition"

Posted Mar 03, 2009 12:36 PM

Attempting to pull an image from an HP 2730p (XP SP3) using Ghost Console 11.5 (GSS 2.5). The job fails at the "To Virtual Partition" step. I've tried several different network drivers, Intel 82567, a Universal driver, and the driver for HP's previous model in this form factor the 2710p. It always fails at this same step. I had no issues with the 2710p pulling images.

• 2.  RE: Attempting to create image from HP 2730p fails at "To Virtual Partition"

Posted Mar 03, 2009 07:53 PM

Are you useing WinPE 256, WinPE 512 or DOS? Have you tried the others?

Make a VP from your server and run it manually on your HP. When you enter Ghost32, exit out and type IPconfig and see if you get an IP address. If you do not have an IP address please go to: www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/intel-825xx-drivers-and-instructions-extract-them

If you do get an IP address try net use y: \\yourghostserver\imageshare /user:username password

and see if you can get into the y: drive, if the command failed you likely don't have security.

Should all the above work, kick off x:\ghost\ghost32 and try to manually ghost your PC and see what happens. Should it fail, then in x:\ghost will be an Ghosterr.txt file. Copy it to your network drive and post it here.

• 3.  RE: Attempting to create image from HP 2730p fails at "To Virtual Partition"

Posted Mar 04, 2009 12:53 PM

If you double click on the "To Virtual Partition" in the event log, what are the details showing?

I've had a similar problem and also thought it was the wrong NIC driver but found it was missing more than just the NIC driver.

• 4.  RE: Attempting to create image from HP 2730p fails at "To Virtual Partition"

Posted Mar 04, 2009 01:11 PM

Cobra,

I've tried both WinPE 256, 512 and DOS. I just tried DOS again and it worked. The first time I tried DOS mode, the machine rebooted but then screwed up the image somehow. I had to get the correct drivers from the blog post listed in your post.

Had it reboot into DOS but with the GHREBOOT comand was able to get it working again. We'll see how the image works when applied.

• 5.  RE: Attempting to create image from HP 2730p fails at "To Virtual Partition"

Posted Mar 05, 2009 01:05 PM

Hey Zick,

how did you fix your problem?  I'm getting client timed out in event details.