Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Automated deployment of 11.0 RU6 via KBox

Posted Jul 22, 2010 06:02 PM

Aloha,
    I am attempting to deploy RU6 via our KBox. I attempted to do a test deployment to a small group last night and all failed. I have done this to individual machines and all went well. The only difference is that my successes were to machiines logged in. Last night it's likely all machines were at login screen.

Does a machine have to be logged in for a successful install??

Mahalo,
                Bill

• 2.  RE: Automated deployment of 11.0 RU6 via KBox

Posted Jul 22, 2010 06:50 PM

I believe that logging into the box will allow the installation process to complete.

sandra

• 3.  RE: Automated deployment of 11.0 RU6 via KBox

Posted Jul 22, 2010 07:32 PM
    Aloha Bill,
    Create a package with the silent option enabled.  Deploy that EXE via the KBOX with a policy after they log on.  
    The install should work in the background with little disruption.

Mahalo Nui Loa!

• 4.  RE: Automated deployment of 11.0 RU6 via KBox

Posted Jul 22, 2010 08:47 PM
    I saw no silent option. Where would this be?? I am attempting to use the exe that I exported from the 32bit CIP that was installed with the server. Obviously this is all a bit new to me...

Reading more, I would need to make a new CIP, correct?? In doing so, I am asked for a Source Folder. I've no idea what I'm looking for. Don't see much help in the Help.

• 5.  RE: Automated deployment of 11.0 RU6 via KBox

Posted Jul 23, 2010 06:57 AM

To create Silent package follow the below document

Title :'Creating custom client installation packages in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console'
    Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007110513361348

• 6.  RE: Automated deployment of 11.0 RU6 via KBox

Posted Jul 23, 2010 11:18 AM
    Confirmed: Installations can be pushed to client computers when the machines are powered on with no user logged in, but will not complete installation unless a user is logged in.

So Bill, did the deployment status show fail when they were pushed?  Or was it able to be pushed (deployment status = success), but the clients did not show in the interface?

sandra

• 7.  RE: Automated deployment of 11.0 RU6 via KBox

Posted Jul 23, 2010 02:11 PM
    I saw this, but it says nothing about the Source Folder that I mentioned above.

• 8.  RE: Automated deployment of 11.0 RU6 via KBox

Posted Jul 23, 2010 02:14 PM
    They appear not to be deployed period.