Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backing up Network Drive and/or Files/folders using SSR 2013

Created: 03 Aug 2013 | 4 comments

I have a Synology DiskStation (NAS, Model # DS209). Is there a way to make an image of the whole NAS drive using SSR 2013 Desktop Edition?

If the NAS disk image creation is not possible, is it possible to backup a mapped network drive and/or a shared folder under that mapped network drive/share?

My computer is running Windows 8 64-bit OS on which I currently have SSR 2013 trial version installed.

TIA,

Anil

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

IF you can boot the nas device using the SRD you can do a cold backup of the NAS, if this is not possible your 2nd option should work fine too.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Have you tried my suggestions yet ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

garima721's picture

Hi Markus,

When backing up network drive, "Backup My Computer" doesn't display the Network drive name in the options.

Then how to take backup of any network mapped drive?

Actually I think this is not possible at all.