Backup And Restore - Very simple jobs - How in 2012?
Hi, I have just upgraded to 2012. I run very simple jobs:
1. I label a blank tape LTO145.
2. I prepare a folder named LTO145 and fill it with 800GB of files.
3. I then back that folder up to tape to keep forever.
4. On a daily basis we need to access individual files on different tapes and restore them.
In 2010 I used to click on the 'Restore' button, then 'View By Media', channel down into the tape i'm interested in and select the required files I need to restore, hey presto.
So here are my questions:
1. I have backed up many files and folders to tapes throughout the years from many different locations (servers). Using an excel log I know I want to restore a particular file from Tape labeled LTO089, I have no idea where this tapes content was originally backup up from.
2. In version 2010, I went to 'Restore', then 'view by media', look down into Tape labeled LTO089 select the file I want to restore, change the restore location and hit restore.
Please tell me how I can do this same operation in 2012.
Basically I want to view all my catalogs via tape labeled (view by media), so I can view individual files and folders.