Backup-to-disk files overwritten too soon
BE 11d on Windows 2003 SBS.
Backup-to-disk configured to 1 TB external USB drive, with these properties:
- Maximum size for backup-to-disk files: 4 GB
- Checked: Allocate the maximum size for backkup-to-disk files
- Concurrent operations: 1
- Disk space reserve: 10 GB
- Device settings: auto
Media set properties:
- Overwrite: 0 hours (no overwrite protection
- Append: infinite - Allow Append
- Append; overwrite if no apendable media is available
My Exchange backup is correctly creating an IMG000... folder each day (now at 25 since I started this 25 days ago). However, my file system backup created but 10 B2D... files and is overwriting them as required--even though I have used only 25% of the drive's capacity.
Shouldn't this configuration continue to create new IMG folders and B2D files until it hits the 10 GB free space limit, then begin overwriting the old ones?
Or maybe I should ask it this way: how can I accomplish that? I just want the backups to keep appending to the existing file as well as creating new ones, until I hit the 10 GB free space threshhold, then begin creating new backup files.