Backup on exchange failed
My backup on exchange failed 3 days straight recently.
I have logged a case with Symantec support.
The support provided the following solution:
- Uncheck the selections, and reselect the selections
- Uncheck snapshot technology (snapshot technology was used in the existing setting)
- Restart the exchange server
*Note: Exchange is running on DAG. I have not restarted the exchange as this will failover to another site.
The support mentioned that it is recommended not to uncheck "snapshot technology" when backing up exchange. Unfortunately, there is no article on this.
My question is as follows:
- Is snapshot technology not recommended when backing up exchange?
- After unchecking the "snapshot technology", do I really need to restart my exchange server?
Is anyone able to shed some knowledge on this please?
Thank you very much.
**Attached are the screenshots of the error messages. Screenshots are edited to masked certain information.