Backup Exec 11d...=/
I am hoping someone will help us.
We're having some issues with VBUE 11d. First some background:
I work for a large IT company, and we've moved one of our biggest clients off Arcserve on to VBUE 11d due to licensing costs. There the problems started...
We have a situation where jobs are queued indefinitely. I've tried to find out some information, and come up empty handed. To stop the job running, I've had to stop all the services.
The other problem we seem to have is that at certain times, a job fails because there is an "Access is denied" to a certain drive. VBUE will not access the entire drive. The next day, it will connect to that drive and backup everything.
We are running V11 Rev. 6235 with SP2. THe drivers for the autoloaders are all current.
There is no connection problem between the software and device, and between the OS and device. We are able to do inventories on the devices with no problems.
When the VBUE services are stopped, and Arcserve is started up again (currently disabled), it works 100%...no problems. This sort of instability is causing nightmares.
So, in summary, the problems are:
- Indefinite job running with no indication of it starting. Nothing gets backed up (talking 100+ hours on some servers);
- Problems accessing drives with "Access is denied" error one day, then working another.