Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup Exec 12.5 and Exchang 2003 SP2

Created: 26 Apr 2009 • Updated: 22 May 2010 | 2 comments

Hi

As far as I remember in previous versions of BE it was possible to backup a single mailbox, after installing BE 12.5 and added the correct licens and agent to the Exchange I can only select the Information Store. Before upgrading to BE 12.5 I "only" did a offline backup of the Exchange db, I stopped the Exchange services and backed up the raw files.

Shouldn't it be possible to backup a single mailbox with the Exchange agent installed?

/Lasse

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

LasseF's picture

I think I have found the answer to my own question. According to some of the discussions in here, it's only possible to see the individual mailboxes during the restore process.
I think I will stay with the offline copy of the Exchange db files and use the Recovery Storage Group in Exchange when needed.

/Lasse

DR0701's picture

Hi there

You're right that normally, when you select Exchange to be backed up, you only see the Stores - however, if you really want to, you can enable the legacy mailbox backup which should allow you to select individual mailboxes - NB, this will take a lot longer to back up the data.

To enable it, go to Tools/Options/Microsoft Exchange - put a tick in the box marked "Enable legacy mailbox support...." to enable it.

Hope this helps

Doug.