Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Backup Exec 12.5 and Exchang 2003 SP2

Created: 26 Apr 2009 • Updated: 22 May 2010 | 2 comments

Hi

As far as I remember in previous versions of BE it was possible to backup a single mailbox, after installing BE 12.5 and added the correct licens and agent to the Exchange I can only select the Information Store. Before upgrading to BE 12.5 I "only" did a offline backup of the Exchange db, I stopped the Exchange services and backed up the raw files.

Shouldn't it be possible to backup a single mailbox with the Exchange agent installed?

/Lasse

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

LasseF's picture

I think I have found the answer to my own question. According to some of the discussions in here, it's only possible to see the individual mailboxes during the restore process.
I think I will stay with the offline copy of the Exchange db files and use the Recovery Storage Group in Exchange when needed.

/Lasse

DR0701's picture

Hi there

You're right that normally, when you select Exchange to be backed up, you only see the Stores - however, if you really want to, you can enable the legacy mailbox backup which should allow you to select individual mailboxes - NB, this will take a lot longer to back up the data.

To enable it, go to Tools/Options/Microsoft Exchange - put a tick in the box marked "Enable legacy mailbox support...." to enable it.

Hope this helps

Doug.