Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 12.5 installation of SP4 fails

Created: 29 Nov 2012 • Updated: 03 Dec 2012 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I am using backup exec 12.5 while trying to perform live update i am reasiving error LU1850: live updae was unable to find any products to update.

While trying to install SP4 on backup exec 12.5 rev 2213 that is also failed due to event id 34578.

What is the issue??

Thanks,

Santosh Pawar

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

santoshpawar's picture

When running LiveUpdate to install these patches I get the error message - LU1850: live updae was unable to find any products to update.

Windows Event Log shows Application Error ID 34578 of - Backup Exec Alert: LiveUpdate Error (Server: "AUM-AP-APS-01") Update SP 4 failed to install. Review the Backup Exec installation log for more information.

When attempting to download and manually install hotfixes, I get the following error:
Upgrade Terminated Unexpectedly.  Please see installation log for details.

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Please try below link

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64088

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

santoshpawar's picture

Thanks for the reply.

I did the same which is mentioned in article http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64088 but still issue didn't resolve that time.

But after analyzing the issue deeply, I found few backup exec set files and configuration files was missing from the system.

I try to repair the Backup exec.  But it didn't allow me to remote or repair it from Add/Remove programs.

Then I remove all registry entries for backup exec and then uninstall it successfully. Now I re-install the backup exec and replace the DATA and CATALOG directory...now everything is working fine...

Thanks once again for your reply....

Regards,

Santosh Pawar.

SOLUTION