Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2010 - Backing up TO a NAS Device

Created: 09 Aug 2012 • Updated: 13 Aug 2012 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Backup Exec 12.5 to Backup Exec 2010 R3 with SP 2 and the latest Hotfixes and updates.

I am having an issue backing up to a NAS device on our network. It is a D-Link DNS 320 device.

The backup I am sending to the NAS device seems to go through fine at 415 MB/min, and then the verify only goes at about 115 MB/min and takes so long that I have to cancel the job.

What could be causing this slowdown on the verify? Is verify absolutely necessary?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi
What could be causing this slowdown on the verify? Is verify absolutely necessary?

Yes verify is necessary, as backupexec uses it own algorithm to verify consistency fo data, so you can decide to run verify seperately too,but then verify is neccessary.
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH18698

Thanks.

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

Kiran Bandi's picture

Getting far better speed while writing than reading....

If you want the job to be shown as completed quickly, clear verify after backup check box from backup job properties and create a new verify job to run at a later time.

It is always recommended to have the backups verified....

SOLUTION