Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2010 - Exchange 2013 DAG Support Timline

Created: 25 Sep 2013 • Updated: 25 Sep 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all & especially Symantec officials!

After many tries to get a feedback from Symantec in other postings, within support calls and so on, i give it a try again in Sym Connect.

For managment decision i need a timeline for possible upcoming Exchange 2013 DAG support in BE 2010. Without this i can't hold BE longer in our company and need to change it against competitve software, our symantec maintenance contract will expire soon also.

Thanks for info,

SWAT

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Jaydeep S's picture

Unfortunately, there is no timeline for this as the Support of Exchange 2013 has already been added with Backup Exec 2012.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203317

SWAT8419's picture

Thats no solution for me, we wont upgrade to BE 2012 at any time, reasons stated 1000 times in this forum or real live projects.

If the symantec statement is there wont be support in BE 2010 ever  because product will be discontinued soon, than it will be at least a statement i can work with.

Regarding i always get this "Dont know, Support in BE 2012" answers, i think thats already the inofficial way?

Colin Weaver's picture

I suspect you will be out of luck for any plans for 2010 R3 to support Exchange 2013.

In the run up to the 2012 SP2 and 2010 R3 SP3 release, technical support were told

"Exchange 2013 support will not be provided in BE 2010 R3"

I have not seen any discussions that show a change to this statement as such I would say do not expect 2010 R3 to support Exchange 2013 and plan for a different solution.

As you know BE 2012 SP2 does provide support for Exchange 2013 (with some limitations) and the next major release of Backup Exec is looking to address most (if not all) of the limitations at the same time as addressing some of the console and job creation scenarios that customers have fed back on with regards to the current BE 2012 release. Unfortunately I cannot put a timescale on this release at this current time.

SOLUTION
SWAT8419's picture

Thanks for the first clear words i ever got from anyone @ Symantec regarding this. Since we cant wait till new BE xxxx version in year xxxx will arrive, we will evaluate other solutions. Sadly to say Symantec dropped the ball :(