Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2010 Goes Offline after starting backup

Created: 27 Jun 2012 | 3 comments

have had a problem just lately where the backup starts after about 5 minutes the drive goes offline and the job fails. After speaking to qauntum we thought the tape drive might be at fault so this was replaced. The backup started working again fine for around a week and has now started doing the same thing. As per the knowledge base there is known issue with HP software causing a problem like this but we have no HP software installed on this server. 

Its running Windows Server 2008 R2. Can anyone else suggest what we could try.

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

be-nugget's picture

Are the drives used for the drive using Symantec ones?

PhillB's picture

Yes the drivers that are being used are the Symantec Ones. I have tried removing the drive from backupexec and re adding the device as well but thats made no difference. I think the tape drive is connected via sata socket on the motherboard of the server. Is it worth trying it on PCI Sata card or not seeing as it was working before.

be-nugget's picture

If nothing has changed in your configuration, then it points to a fault of some sort.  Potentially bad tapes, SATA cable fitting or cable itself, replacement drive is fault (and I have seen that before). Try and elminate things one by one.