Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup exec 2010 R3 Credential fail

Created: 21 Jul 2014 • Updated: 23 Jul 2014 | 1 comment

Hi everybody. i need a solution.

We have several Dell servers. in those server, using vSphere 4.0 and 6 virtural servers are working on vSphere 4.0

Thoes servers are using same Domain. the servers are under Active Drectory service.

I use a server of those servers to back up NAS(emc 5300)

I can see NAS on the list of Active directory of Domain of media list.   but i can't not login in NAS.

When i use serch on the start button. like this \\hptnas or \\10.42.44.245 , then i can go into the NAS. BUT with BE2010 ... I CAN'T NOT...

I created a user as member of admin user, administrator, backup operator, domain admin, domain user, domain controller, domain computer, enterprise admin.

I tried to access into NAS many time... but i couldn't go into... because of access is dinied. i also used administrator ID,PW of active directory service of the main server. 

I used all kind of account has top permisions. 

I think i should do something in NAS Admin page. or vSphere setup.. or etc

Do i have to setup someting in NAS(EMC 5300)? or vSphere 4.0? or just try something in Active Directory?? 

It is so .... complitcated...

If somebody knows about this. please help me. i will answer everything what you guys need to

thank you. 

Operating Systems:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

If you are backing up a NAS (via CIFS), then you would need to disable the NDMP protocol on the NAS device or change the NDMP port from 10000 to another port.

Additionally, you would require a Remote Agent for Windows license as well. Lastly, do enable selection of user shares from Tools - Options - Preferences.