Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup exec 2010 R3 - Error E000FEC2

Created: 10 Aug 2012 | 6 comments

I have 3 different backups that run under a policy, a daily, weekly and monthly.

The daily backup is failing for this error code but the others are working fine.

I have AOFO turned off on all backups.  The only thing that is different is that the daily is a "Differential" Backup.

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

It would be better if you supply the full error message, instead of just the error code.

globalitdepartment's picture

Here is the error message.

Final error: 0xe000fec2 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
Final error category: Resource Errors

pkh's picture

What are you backing up and what happens if you turn on AOFO?

globalitdepartment's picture

The weekly and monthy backup are full backups of the data drive, which includes an SQL Database, and Exchange server.

The daily backup (which is the one that is causing a problem) is an differential backup of the same data.  The SQL and Exchange is set to do a full backup on this run.

I have not tried to turn on AOFO, but I can try that for tonight's run.  I don't think that this customer subscribes to the AOFO service though.

I will try to turn the AOFO on for tonght's run.  

Eddie Ham's picture

I am having a very similar issue with BE 12.5 B2D where my daily incremental is failing yet weekly full and monthly full completes successfully. Is there any anwser to this?

dpu's picture

Hi,

Check the below Doc.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37553

Regards,

dpu
hope this posting was helpful