Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2010 R3 - Error Message: V-79-57344-759

Created: 09 Sep 2011 • Updated: 09 Sep 2011 | 5 comments

I am getting the error message below when backing up an Exchange 2010 SP1 database to a B2D folder using GRT. The support website recommends I install hotfix number 143746 to resolve this error but the download is only for 2010 R2 version?!

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem please?

Error Message:

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '<n/a>'

Thanks.

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

Are your backups going to DeDuplication folder??

Please refer to this technote which addresses the issue with same error:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166863 : Exchange 2010 GRT (Granular Restore Technology) Backup to Deduplication Storage Folder fails with the following error "-1003 An invalid API parameter is being used"

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

sbora's picture

It seems that you are facing issue documented in 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153784 

This issue will be fixed in a Hotfix for BE 2010 R3 that will be released shortly. Till that time you can use the workaround of disabling GRT.

If workaround is not acceptable then you can contact contact Symantec Support and request for Pre release version of the fix (orphan fix).

bmack500's picture

We installed SP2 last night, and started getting these errors:

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-255 The buffer dependencies were set improperly and there was a recovery failure. '

I don't see this specific error.

Backing up Exchange Server 2003, latest fixes & SP's

Backup server is Exchange 2003 R2 x36

GRT turned on.

Remote agent pushed after update, remote server rebooted.

I don't see this particular error anywher.

fginacio's picture

I think that your exch database need to run a eseutil for recover.

try to run a eseutil /r and check if you have problems.

run also an eseutil defrag.

after these steps completed, run again you backup job.

gilbert08's picture

eseutil defrag make your db temporarily unavailable. Do it during none office hour