Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Backup Exec 2010 R3 job wont finish

Created: 22 Jul 2011 • Updated: 09 Feb 2013 | 4 comments
gstaver's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I upgraded a customer's SBS 2003 server to Backup Exec 2010 R3. Ever since then the backup jobs will not finish. If I check the job while it is running it seems to being hanging on the System State. I have tried uninstalling Backup Exec completely and reinstalling. This customer still uses a tape drive. I have even erased the tapes. Not sure what else to try. Please advise.

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

CraigV's picture

Hi,

Couple of things to check:

1. Check for any alerts that are showing in the job.

2. Run LiveUpdate on your media server, and then do a push-install from Backup Exec to any remote servers.

3. Run "vssadmin list writers" from a command prompt on the affected server and make sure that the VSS writers are all stable and running.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

SOLUTION
gstaver's picture

It was number 1. There was an alert to remove the tape from the drive but it never popped up a window. I think I have this fixed now. Thanks for your help!

AmolB's picture

Configure "Media remove" alert to clear out automatically after 1 min and reponse should be "YES"