Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Oracle agent

Created: 02 Nov 2011 • Updated: 14 Nov 2011 | 5 comments
Tor Iversen's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

The agent for Oracle is installed on a remote server, and the server also has the remote agent installed.

When trying a backup of the oracle database it fails with the following message:

The Database script returned an error.  Refer to the Database script output section in job logs for more details.

The job log shows the following:

RMAN OutputRecovery Manager: Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on Wed Nov 2 01:15:03 2011

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights reserved.

 
 # -----------------------------------------------------------------
 # RMAN command section
 # -----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 RUN {
 ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch0
     TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
 SEND 'BSA_SERVICE_HOST=10.19.12.2,NBBSA_TOTAL_STREAMS=1,NBBSA_JOB_COOKIE={A2B7B5C5-44E2-4A61-BF73-6886924E94D8},NBBSA_DB_DEVICE_NAME=Oracle-Win::\\frigg.lenvik.local\ESA';
 BACKUP
     INCREMENTAL LEVEL=0
     FORMAT 'BE_U'
     DATABASE FORCE PLUS ARCHIVELOG FORCE NOT BACKED UP;
 BACKUP CURRENT CONTROLFILE
     FORMAT 'BE_U';
 
 RELEASE CHANNEL ch0;
 }
 
connected to target database: ESA (DBID=3624986571)

using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
allocated channel: ch0
channel ch0: SID=132 device type=SBT_TAPE
channel ch0: Symantec/BackupExec/1.1.0

sent command to channel: ch0

Starting backup at 02-NOV-11
current log archived
released channel: ch0
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure of backup plus archivelog command at 11/02/2011 01:15:12
RMAN-06059: expected archived log not found, loss of archived log compromises recoverability
ORA-19625: error identifying file E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ESA\ARCHIVE\ARC0000000023_0760617355.0001
ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.

Recovery Manager complete.

Devices acquired: 1
Data streams used: 0

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

You can refer to these technotes and see if that helps...

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67938

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH60320

 

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

AmolB's picture

If its an Oracle RAC follow below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69728

 

Tor Iversen's picture

I've had the Oracle people check the RMAN, and they have done some changes. But it gave me another error message, see below.

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure of backup plus archivelog command at 11/05/2011 10:55:39
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="BE_01mqssla_1_1", parms=""
ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   BEError(0xe0001402) This server name is not in media server's authentication list. Enter the server's fully qualified domain name and logon account into the media server's authentication list. Server names in the authentication list are case-sensitive.

Recovery Manager complete.

 

I've done some changes on the auth. on the media server and will try a new backup this evening.

newsolutionBE's picture

Hi

 

Try this link below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156444

 

Thanks

Thanks & Regards

If this response answers your query, please mark it as a solution.

Tor Iversen's picture

Hi,

I managed to solve the problem, and I'm posting the solution here.

The backup was a part of a total backupjob wich also backed up MS- Exchange using GRT.

I configured a new backup job, wich only backed up Oracle, and the only noticeable change was that GRT is not used in this job. This new job backed up the Oracle database just fine, so I removed Oracle backup from the main backup job, and scheduled this new Oracle backup.

Oracle backup is now working as it should.

SOLUTION