Backup Exec 2010 R3 recommended setup for NAS backup
I am not able to set up a reliable backup with BE 2010 R3. I think i have some false assumptions about the system in general, so i am asking you for help:
What is the recommended setup for backup to a NAS?
What i am trying to achive (it should be simple):
- BE should perform a daily backup.
- If NAS space is running low BE should delete the oldest backup, but a minium of 8 backup sets should be preserved (there is enough place for 20 or more backup sets).
Problems i am facing:
- Thousands of temporary files that i can't get rid of
- Backups get deleted immediatly after threshold, althought there is plenty of free space left on the nas.
- After some weeks of normal operation BE stops making backups because it thinks there is no space left on the nas. Since the space reclaiming mechanism is still working, BE is wiping out backups without replacing them with new sets.
(See also https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2010-r3-only-using-part-available-free-space-nas).
Thanks for your help!