Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Backup Exec 2010 R3 reports no backup data available to do a restore

Created: 31 Jul 2013 | 4 comments

Hi there,

I am trying to urgently restore a month end full backup since one of our drives crashed, however when I start off the restore wizard its telling me that no restore data is available?

Any ideas?

Has this got to do with the catalog's? I can see my last full month end backup was a sucsess and did write full to tape however I cannot kick off the restore?

Regards

Jaques

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

CraigV's picture

Hi,

Start off by catalogging the tape again...there's always the chance that the catalog was deleted or pruned during the BEDB maintenance @ 4AM every morning.

Once done, go to that tape in your restore wizard and try browse it...if you can, you should be able to restore.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

JaquesC's picture

Hi there,

Sorry just to confirm if you say I need to Re-Catalog, is that by simply having my restore tape in the library and doing a "catalog Media" on that tape?

lmosla's picture

Try going to the Devices tab and right clicking on the tape you want to use for the restore and see if you see the data you want to restore

also under Restore Tasks click on New Job and check in the restore window and make sure the backup dates are unchecked