Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

BACKUP EXEC 2010 RE, RESTORE MAIL BOX

Created: 21 Oct 2013 | 3 comments

Hello,

I need your help for the following:
I use Backup exec 2010 R3 and I backup to Exchange 2003 with technology (GRT). I want to do the restore of a mailbox, the problem is that when doing the restore, the status is staging, and I see nothing to run, and in the end it appears as completed.
The user who use and full administrator, I've done of redirecting the the status is staging and completed at the end. Not restore mailbox. my question is, is necessary dismount the database (exchange 2003) to do the restore of a single mailbox???

Best regards
Rangel

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Colin Weaver's picture

The staging is because you backed up to tape so we have to restroe the whole of the information store to a temporary folder. t appeasr to end quiote quicky after teh staging because once the staging is done extractint he mailbox contentr and writing it back to Exchnage (unless the mailbox is huge does nto take very long)

With regards it not seeming to restore anything, can you please confirm if any non-English languages might have been in use, eitther on the Exchnage server or the Outlook Client/Workstation of the original end user. Typically i am thinking of a non-English language on he workstation at first use of the mailbox?

If the mailbox is initialized with "top of information" store actually named for the language and not in English), when first used and then when you restore is initialized with English (because a different workstation is used) then the restore could be sucessful but the outlook client will not be able to see the messages)

nrmr's picture

Hello Colin Weave,

Thank yor help, but not solved.

Regards

Rangel

lmosla's picture

Was this a GRT enabled restore?  If so, the database doesnt need to be dismounted.  Try to run a duplicate to disk job and run the restore from there.

Please see CraigV's article on this subject: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto