Video Screencast Help

Backup exec 2010 sharepoint

Created: 28 Dec 2010 | 9 comments

Hello,

 

When i try to backup our sharepoint server i get constantly this error":

Job ended: woensdag 29 december 2010 at 5:32:22
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000031a - Unable to query the team database metadata.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-794

 Backup- PowerPoint Service Application\Metadata (NL102022\ddb1d349-4cb3-4ad0-8705-96bbe5fec876)
V-79-57344-794 - Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data.
 

 

When i click on the link for a sulution i only see  a solutiuon for sharepoint 2007 en this solution doenst work for our server. The sharepoint server is running on a hyper v machine!

PLease help?

 

Windows Server 2008 64 Bit R2

sharepoint 2010
Sql 2008

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

Are you using BE 2010 R2?  Sharepoint 2010 can only be backed up using BE 2010 R2

Hansdev's picture

Yes we are using BE 2010 R2.

version 13, rev 4164

CraigV's picture

Hi Hansdev,

 

First step to troubleshooting should be to update your patches on your media server to the latest level, and then push those updates out to any remote servers using a push-install via the selection list.

Try the job again, and see if it repeats the error...

 

Laters!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

Hansdev's picture

Oke,

 

im gonna do this. We see tommorow what the updates have been done

!

Hansdev's picture

Hello and good morning,

 

after i updated the backup exec and pushed the updates towards the machine, i still got the same error?

So this unfortunately wasnt the solution!

The agent is now version 4164 rev 109

 Any other options or suggestions?

Manny Thanks!

RahulG's picture

Hello there,

 

Please check if you have "Site Administrator" rights in sharepoint for the backup exec system logon account. Also please check if "DB_OWNER" role is added to the account for the SQL databases in sharepoint. Please check the SQL management studio for the same.

Please refer to :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff631156.aspx

Also we may need a SPS WRAPPER log, please enable Remote Agent Debug on the sharepoint and SQL server.

Note: Check for events in the application log on the SQL server during the time of backup.

Thank you, do keep us posted!

Hansdev's picture

Thanks for your quick reply

the first thing i saw is that de site admin was filled but i was not the one we use voor de backup account. So i have changed it.

 

DB_owner i cant find it in sql. Could you maybe be more specific?

The debugging mode i have turned it on on the sharepoint server!

The thing i see in de eventvieuwe is this but i dont now for sure if this is a problem,.  eventid 10016.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}

and APPID

{61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

 

 

 

 

RahulG's picture

Hey, In SQL Management Studio, expand the database for Sharepoint, and expand security, under logins > Add the account for backup exec. Then go to the properties for the login and you shall find DB_OWNER privilege to be added. Restart the remote agent service on both the portal and SQL server, then attempt a backup. Note: The event id has no relevance to the problem we are facing. Let me know if this helps!