Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2010 System state Backup getting Missed

Created: 09 May 2011 | 4 comments

Hi.....Guys..

I am facing a unknown problem with my Backup exec 2010.

I donot know why My System state scheduled Backup getting Missed from past Few Days.

The error given below:-

Error   : e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start.There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed.

Original start time : Saturday, May 07, 2011 12:59:00 AM
Job started         : Friday, May 06, 2011 8:50:42 PM

I am so confused about this problem.

I have searched over google and lots of guys saying its a DST error but no giving exect replyabout how can solve this issue.

I hope here i will defineltly got some solution.

Please guys help me out ..

Reply me ASAP..........

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

ZeRoC00L's picture

did you see this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH44658&key=15047&actp=LIST

Do you have multiple backups running at the same time ?

If you have only 1 tape device and have more jobs starting at the same time, it can happen that other jobs have to wait untill the first job finishes and therefore passing their backup window.

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

jdeepak46's picture

Thanks for your valuable reply ZeRoCOOL  .......

Well I have two Backups scheduled in my Backup exec one is Daily backup scheduled for 8 PM

And another one is sytem state Backup scheduled for 12:00 AM. which is getting Missed from past 10-15 Days.

Both are accesing the same Media .

Time window set as following.

For daily Backup :- Start :- 8: 00 PM

no latter than :- 3:00 AM

For system state Backup :- 12:00 AM

no Later than : 11:59 PM

I am really confused what to do...For ur kind information last Daily Backu has beeen completed at 4 :00 PM

Please tell the exact setting for the time window.

pkh's picture

If your daily backup consistently ends at 4 p.m., then you should delete your system state backup job and re-create it with a start time closer to 4 p.m., maybe 3.30 p.m.

Why don't you just include the system state as part of your daily backup, then you don't have to worry about another job?

Sergio_Maroni's picture

pls. tell us when you daily backup end. may be it is really intersect and that is the problem.

• Also try run system backup separately.
  • And of course use "test run job" with media check capacity.
  • Try to look at Alert tab may be you have some active alert (don`t have free space) which wants to manual respond.

I`m sorry for my bad eanglish.

If you find this is a solution, please mark it as such. Thx