Backup Exec 2010 with unbelivably slow backup speeds.
1.Im running BE2010 on Win2008 R2. (fresh install of both the Operating system and BE2010)
2. I installed BE2010 3 weeks ago, configured it to backup a few SQL servers, Exchange 2003 and a file server.
3. I configured it to backup to a Backup to Disk folder, and the HDD it's backing up to is a SATA connected WD 1TB drive.
4. Everything was running fine for about 3 weeks.
5. Job rate averaged at 2500-3000mb/min, thus backing up all the servers we have within 6 hours! which was GREAT
6. All of a sudden, I get weird occurances like the job is stuck in QUEUE forever, then after deleting the job, and re-creating the job the backups were working fine again.
7. After the #6 incident was resolved, then came the super slow Job Rate speeds. Even now, if I start a backup job of the EXACT same servers, I get 40-100mb/min speed. (This is totally unacceptable)
I would like a proper explanation as to WHY this is happening, and how to fix it.