Video Screencast Help

Backup Exec 2012

Created: 12 Dec 2012 | 8 comments
elroykhlo's picture

Dear All,

  I have installed Backup Exec 2012 lately. I have installed a few backup agent on application servers and citrix servers. However, I couldn't browse the client contents. Does anyone encounter this kind of issue too?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Elroy

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

I take that you are unable to expand the contents of the remote servers.  This is usually due to credential problems.  See this document for the requirements for the BESA.

Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA).

elroykhlo's picture

Dear Sir,

  I am using a domain admin account to expand the contents. I think it has enough permission to do that since I have a few servers which can expand

Thanks

Elroy

pkh's picture

Unless you are using the default domain admin account, do check the document quoted earlier to make sure that your BESA meets ALL the requirements.

elroykhlo's picture

Dear Sir,

  I am using the default domain admin account and Idouble checked with the BESA have meet the requirements. Do you have any ideas? I have tried reinstall the Backup exec agent and checked the publishing is correct. Is there any log I can check for the browse?

Thanks

Elroy

pkh's picture

From the BE console, click on the problem servers and establish trust again.

elroykhlo's picture

I now can browse the client but mostly it takes 5-10 minutes. My dns server is newly setup and working normaly. Is there anything else I need to set?

Thanks

Elroy

Backup_Exec's picture

 

Hi

If you have EFI partition on server then with BE 2012 this is known issue and please check link below for more details

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198184

To check whether it has EFI partiton or not please go to disk management on the server for which it takes time to load selection and you will notice there

And if it is EFI then for the above issue there is Orphan fix available please open a formal case to get the same.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

King_Julien's picture

I face two similar issue once:

- Check if Endpoint protection has something called "Tamper protecction" enabled. If so, disabled and try againg. 

- And, the other time I had this issue, I had to rename a dll in Backup Exec installation directory. I think it was an exchange dll or similar. Right now I cannot remember the name. sorry. 

A second of your life, ruined for life.